Easter Revision 2017
Maths and Literacy revision Sessions: Cooking Activities during Easter revision camp: Design a bag activity: Sports activity:
Fenstanton Junior and Infant Schools were built in 1950, on the site of the old Fenstanton House, which was on the site since 1870, and was a huge 15 bedroom Victorian mansion with a tower room which had panoramic views in all directions.
When Fenstanton opened in 1952, it was regarded as a model of design, with each class having a “wall of window” overlooking the playgrounds. It was initially called Upper Tulse Hill School, but shortly after became known as Fenstanton. The Junior and Infant schools were amalgamated in 2001.
As with most model schools built in the 1950s, the life expectancy was only around 25 years. The original building became far too small for the number of local children who wanted to attend, so portacabins were put all around the site. In 2013, a brand new multi-million pound school opened on the same site providing exceptional accommodation over three floors. There are three classes in every Year Group. Similar to other Gipsy Hill Federation sites, the new school has specialist rooms for music and various learning support spaces which support all pupils to make excellent progress. The new Fenstanton building also reflects transformed standards in the school and supports its new status as the first choice school in the Tulse Hill area. The school has already gained a reputation for rapid change, significantly improved and high standards, and for providing excellent teaching.